Garnet is a beautiful gemstone and is designated as the January Birthstone. Garnet is traditionally thought of as a burgundy red colored gemstone. There are so many different varieties of Garnet that it is actually available in almost every color. From yellow to dark brown, there are many types of Garnet; some semi precious and some so very precious they are collectable and known by few. Some of the most beautiful gems in the world are garnets. So for those who thought a Garnet is common, well it is not. Garnet is one of the most beautiful and collectable gems on the market.
Because of its energizing properties, garnet is believed to help one succeed in business as it can help turn the energy of crisis into opportunities. Garnet can also bring calm to one’s spirit by re-directing negative and chaotic energy into a more harmonious and clear one. It has unique abilities in terms of working with one’s energy—it can activate and energize, or it can calm and pacify—all depending on what’s needed for the overall health and balance.
* Garnet is also known for its utilization of creative energy.
* It grounds spirit forces within the body and helps in the ability to work lovingly on the physical plane.
* Yet Garnet is a sensual stone.
* It represents primordial fire, the creation of the world out of chaos, purification and love.
* It is a stone of strong, intense feelings.
* The information provided is based on individual experience and should not be treated as medical advice.
* Inadvertent use of it will not be our responsibility.
Depending on its specific variety, garnet comes from many parts of the world. Most of the garnet on the market today comes from India, Brazil, Sri Lanka, and the USA. The name Garnet comes from the Latin Granatum for pomegranate because the color of this crystal resembles the seeds of the pomegranate fruit.