Beryl is a class of mineral which is found in crystal form in different colors like green, yellow, red, white and blue. Some of the popular gemstones like Emerald, Aquamarine and Heliodor, belong to the Beryl family. Basically, a colorless beryl gets transformed into its variants with the presence of different varieties of impurities in it.
A gemstone of Lord Ganesha, is said to increase spiritual energies and settle the worries.The green color emerald stone must be worn with Gold ring to emulate the positive results of planet mercury. Emerald stone should be worn on Wednesday morning during (Shukla Paksha). It is supposed to have great positive effects on Government Employees, Leaders, Politicians, Jewelers, Artists, Cloth & flower dealers, Engineers, Contractors, and Healers, etc.
- This gemstone offers mental peace and helps those who are in stressful conditions.
- The Blue beryl is known to enhance the communication skills of the wearer. Those who are in a field of public speaking and communication stand to obtain greater benefits from this crystal.
- Morganite is a lover’s gemstone. Its wearer is benefited with greater romance and love in life by wearing this gemstone
- The Yellow to Golden coloured gemstone is believed to enhance the spiritual powers of the wearer. Also, it provides inner strength which makes him conquer all its weaknesses.
Types of Beryl Gemstones:
- Beryl Aquamarine Gemstone – This gemstone is greenish-blue to sky-blue in colour, which is due to the elements of iron present in the crystals as an impurity. As compared to the other variants of Beryl minerals, aquamarine appears in the form of flawless crystals with greater transparency. It is one of the hardest gemstones with a Mohs index of 7.5-8.
- Beryl Emerald Gemstone – It is one of the most popular precious gemstones, belonging to the Beryl gemstone family. Its green colour is often due to the presence of Chromium and Vanadium as an impurity in the crystal structure. As the level of impurity decreases, the colour of the gemstone becomes lighter. This also results in the decline in the value of the gemstone and its effectiveness as an Astrological Gemstone. In terms of hardness, it is similar to its relative Beryl gemstones like Aquamarine.
- Heliodor Beryl Gemstone – The yellow colour of this group of beryl is again due to the presence of Iron ions which impart this beautiful colour to this gemstone. However, the level of impurity present makes the difference between the golden yellow Beryl and the greenish-yellow Heliodor.
- Morganite Beryl Gemstone – This bright pink to rose-coloured gemstone gets its brilliant colour from the presence of Manganese ions as an impurity in the Beryl crystals. Sometimes, naturally occurring Morganites can also be seen in different colors like Yellow and Orange with colour banding.
- Red Beryl Gemstone – Sometimes Manganese ions can also cause a deep red coloration in the Beryl Gemstones, which causes the formation of red beryl. This kind of crystals is quite rare in its appearance and there is only handful of places known to produce this variant.