Pearl is an organic, white to bluish grey colored, precious gemstone produced inside the body of a living organism called ‘Mollusc’. This gemstone holds a strong astrological significance in the Vedic astrology and is worn to pacify planet Moon in the wearer’s birth chart. Western astrology suggests Pearl birthstone for those born in the month of June.
According to the Indian astrology, Pearl (meaning Moti in Hindi) is associated with the auspicious planet Moon. Wearing Pearl helps to strengthen Moon in the wearer’s horoscope and blesses them with peace, mental stability, positivity and good health.
- Vedic astrology prescribes Moti ratna for Karka (Cancer) rashi.
- Western astrology recommends Pearl birthstone for Cancer sign.
- Ascendants of Leo, Aries, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Pisces can also wear Pearl gemstone to gain good results.
A pearl is a hard, glistening object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusk or another animal, such as fossil conulariids. Just like the shell of a mollusk, a pearl is composed of calcium carbonate (mainly aragonite or a mixture of aragonite and calcite) in minute crystalline form, which has deposited in concentric layers. The ideal pearl is perfectly round and smooth, but many other shapes, known as baroque pearls, can occur. The finest quality of natural pearls have been highly valued as gemstones and objects of beauty for many centuries. Because of this, pearl has become a metaphor for something rare, fine, admirable and valuable. Pearls are formed inside the shell of certain mollusks as a defense mechanism against a potentially threatening irritant such as a parasite inside the shell, or an attack from outside that injures the mantle tissue.
Pearl gem holds a strong, centuries-old reputation for its high aesthetics, unique metaphysical properties and healing abilities. This gemstone is notably featured in the ancient texts of India, Rome, China and Egypt. From Cleopatra to Angelina Jolie, Pearl is always worn as a symbol of class and elegance throughout the centuries. Regarded as ‘The Queen of Gems’ – Pearl is addressed by different names in different countries and cultures such as ‘Tarak Ratna’ or ‘Chandra ratna’ in Hindi, ‘Mukta’ in Sanskrit and ‘Margarita stone’ in Latin etc.
- Supports Anger Management – According to the Vedas – Moon rules emotions. Hence, its gemstone, Pearl is often recommended to the people who find difficulty in controlling their anger. Wearing Pearl benefits such individuals to stay calm, composed and positive.
- Brings Clarity in Thoughts– Astrologers believe that wearing pearl gemstone benefits people in the professions where deep concentration, high confidence and better self-expression is highly required. Success in creative and artistic pursuits are regarded as some important benefits of wearing Moti gemstone.
- Improves Maternal Relationship – Since Moon is associated with the mother or the nurturer in the Vedic astrology, wearing Chandra Ratna – Moti benefit the health of native’s mother and strengthen their mutual bonding.
- For Healthy Eyes, Skin & Heart – According to the ancient texts, wearing a natural Pearl benefits the native to get relief from water-borne diseases. It is said that the positive energies of Pearl stimulate the water balance in the body and thereby helps the wearer to gain clean youthful skin, bright eyes and robust circulatory system.