Jade is a semi precious gemstone, which is further classified into two categories named Jadeite and Nephrite. Jadeite is rarer than nephrite and is therefore regarded as more precious. Jade stones are found in green, lavender, red, yellow, white and black colors with a translucent and waxy lusture. Burma, USA and China are the major sources of Jade. Jade is most highly valued in Chinese culture today. The philosopher Confucius reportedly expressed this fascination by making jade a metaphor for virtue, kindness, wisdom, justice, civility, music, sincerity, truth, Heaven and Earth. It is believed to possess the power to avert evil and bad luck while fostering health and good fortune.
Jade refers to an ornamental mineral, mostly known for its green varieties. It can refer to either of two different silicate minerals: nephrite (a silicate of calcium and magnesium in the amphibole group of minerals), or jadeite (a silicate of sodium and aluminium in the pyroxene group of minerals). Jade is featured prominently in East Asian, South Asian and Southeast Asian art, but also has an important place in many other cultures. Jade has been regarded by the Chinese as ‘the musical gem par excellence’, and has been used as a percussion instrument for centuries. The imperial court in China had nephrite chimes and bells designed to ring specific tones.
HEALING PROPERTIES OF JADE
- Jade is a protective stone, It guards us against accident and misfortune.
- It is very helpful for Heart, immune system, Nervous system, kidneys, and hair.
- The lavender jade helps you to achieve self-control.
- Problems with bones and joints are improved with jade stone.
- When the person wears it as jewelry and when it touches the skin of the wearer it improves the heart chakra.
- Jade is very helpful for Healing emotional, physical and spiritual energy.
- Jade has the ability to absorb any negative energy from the surrounding space.
- The benefits of wearing jade stone are that it boosts confidence and encourage your self-sufficiency.
- Jade helps stitches to bind and heal properly.
- Green jade is used to resolve the blockages and to rebalance the heart chakra and also helps to understand our own emotions and needs clearly.