General Vastu Tips:
- Light a candle or lamp daily in the northeast direction. It promotes good health.
- Constant dripping of taps produces negative energy and signifies deterioration in health. Ensure that the taps in your house do not drip.
- Using the space below stairs as a toilet, store, or kitchen can cause nervous sickness and heart diseases.
- Face north or east while studying or working. This promotes good memory.
- Planting Basil / Tulsi purifies the air in the house. Avoid plants like rubber plant, cactus, Bonsai and other milky plants. These might add to your illness and stress.
- Do not construct stairs or toilets in the north eastern corner of your house; it causes health-related issues and hampers the growth of children.
Bedroom Vastu Tips:
- A master bedroom in the southwest direction ensures physical and mental stability. Never construct a bedroom in the northeast direction; it causes health problems.
- Always lie with your head in the south direction while sleeping. It promotes a peaceful and a healthy lifestyle. Sleeping with the head in the north direction is not advisable as it causes stress and aches.
- A pregnant woman should avoid sleeping in the north-eastern direction to prevent chances of abortion or miscarriage.
- A bed with storage space leads to brain and heart-related ailments. Also, avoid sleeping on wrought iron beds; opt for simple wooden beds.
- Avoid sleeping under light beams as it leads to depression, headache and memory loss.
- Do not place your bed in front of the mirror, it causes nightmares.
- Never align your bed with the toilet wall, as that brings negative energy.
- Keep mobile phones and other gadgets away from bed to have a sound sleep.
Health & kitchen Vastu tips:
- The southeast direction is considered ideal to have a kitchen.
- East is considered the best direction for cooking and eating, as it promotes effective digestion and good health.
- Designing the kitchen in the Northeast direction calls for serious health problems and accidents.
- Avoid constructing the toilet and the kitchen together. Place the two at a distance from each other.